Students who register for summer and wish to receive financial aid are required to fulfill the criteria listed below to be eligible.
- File the 2018-2019 FAFSA before June 30, 2019.
- Provide OSFA with documents as we ask for them; do not submit information unless you receive a written request from our office.
- Please select the payment exemption option “Financial Aid” when registering for the summer term, you can do this in Testudo.
- At least half-time Summer enrollment (6 credits undergraduate, and 24 graduate units) is required for Direct loans, and Federal Work-Study (FWS). Courses taken for audit are not included in the calculation.
- If you drop hours at any time during the Summer sessions, your aid may be adjusted and you may receive a bill.
- Private loans may be available to students enrolled less than half-time.
- You must meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP) to be eligible for financial aid; for questions review our Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy.
Pell Grant Information
- Based on your eligibility for the Pell Grant, your summer aid award could be equal to one semester’s worth of aid.
- If you plan on graduating in August 2019 or December 2019, it may be beneficial to file the 2019-2020 FAFSA if you have not done so already as we may use either FAFSA to determine your Pell Grant eligibility for Summer 2019.
- No action is needed on your part. The Office of Student Financial Aid will determine eligibility.
Direct Loan Information
- Direct loan eligibility (link to Direct Loan Limits in Types of Aid) for the summer term is calculated based on any unused loans that are remaining from the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Undergraduate Students
- Parents can apply for the PLUS loan by completing the application on-online at Studentloans.gov.
- Graduate Students
- The Graduate PLUS loan application can be submitted by accepting the loan that is available on your Student Financial Services Portal. Once you log in with your Directory ID/Password, select the "Awards" tab.
Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- Please apply for a summer 2019 FWS award through the Federal Work-Study Summer Request form.
- FWS summer awards review will begin mid-March. Students will receive an email regarding the outcome of their FWS award application. When you receive your work-study award, remember to accept it in Testudo! Then complete the Summer FWS Work Authorization form.